Search This Blog

Loading...

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ulrich Kranz Talks about the ActiveE



Ulrich Kranz, head of BMW Project i, and Peter Ratz, head of development for Project i, discusses the upcoming ActiveE. I can't seem to get the video to be the proper size so double click on it and it will take you to the video on YouTube and you will be able to view the entire screen. There is a lot of ActiveE information here so watch all the videos. It starts out kind of slow, but then focuses on a lot of technical information towards the end. There is more ActiveE information in these three videos than I have seen anywhere. Have fun!

Below is part two of the video series:


And part three:

8 comments:

  1. The video says its part one, are you going to put up part two?

    ReplyDelete
  2. James,

    Thank you for pointing that out, I just uploaded parts two and three of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good stuff. Thanks for posting this

    ReplyDelete
  4. The videos are fine in my browser, no need to view them from YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Terrance, I'm glad to hear that it works for you. I only can see the left half of the video from my computer. I think it's a Blogger formatting issue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tom, how does the range of the mini-e electric compare to that of the active-e? How about charge times. I would like the car to charge at high amperage like the tesla can

    ReplyDelete
  7. Peter:

    BMW has stated the the range for the ActiveE will be the same as the MINI-E. The ActiveE has a smaller battery 32kWh vs 35kWh and weighs about 400 pounds more so they better have made some big improvements in efficiency or it will not have the same 100-120 mile range the MINI-E has.

    Since this is an entirely BMW engineered car as opposed to how the MINI-E was built with 3rd party suppliers of the power electronics and battery, I suppose it is possible.

    As for charging, I have not had any official word, but I'm sure it won't charge as fast as a Tesla Roadster can. It will probably charge at 6.6kW 32amps(which would take about 4-4.5 hours to fully charge) and perhaps even 50amps 11kW, but I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the info and links. Cool stuff

    ReplyDelete