Search This Blog

Loading...

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Want to Drive an ActiveE?

Do you live in the either the New York Metro, greater Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Sacramento or Boston areas and want to lease an all electric BMW ActiveE?

The BMW ActiveE field trial will be similar to the MINI-E lease program that I am currently in and will start sometime in late spring/early summer of 2011. Complete details have not yet been announced but will be shortly. You can get the latest ActiveE information here and all official ActiveE information as well as how to apply to be in the program on the official BMW ActiveE website that can be found at THIS LINK.

Check frequently because the application process will not be open for a long time. I believe the information on how to apply will be posted in the near future so keep checking if you are really interested. I say go for it, you won't regret it!

7 comments:

  1. I wish they would offer these to Canadian residents. I am a displaced German living in Ottawa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niels,

    You may have to wait until 2013 for an electric BMW. The BMW Megacity EV will be available for sale then and from everything I have read about it, you will not be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom: BMW should give you the information first. I think many people check out your blogs more than the check the official BMW websites! You have become the go to source to BMW electric information. I saw your article in the Wall Street Journal the other day, good work!

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mike. I try to stay on top of all the MINI-E/ActiveE/Megacity news and put it all in these two blogs. I appreciate the support. That's one of the best things about these blogs, I get emails and messages from people all around the world thanking me and asking questions, you are what keeps me going!

    Best wishes,
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  5. How much does it cost to lease? What are the terms? Seems interesting but not if it's just for the rich. Also, why should I pay BMW to help them learn about their product?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous: The lease price hasn't been announced. However, this is a unique opportunity to be involved in a program that will impact the future of BMW, electric car division. It isn't going to be cheap, and it's definitely not for everybody, but I have found it to be very rewarding and worth the expense. Being part of the future of the automotive industry is worth the cost of admission to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the car but I would prefer if it didn't have all those ugly graphics all over it.

    ReplyDelete